Sunday, October 26, 2008

SOMOS

I feel like the luckiest person ever...I have been a stay at home mom for 2 1/2 years and have been wondering how I would enter the work force again. My husband met Tia from Cocoa Camino who mentioned they might be in need of some chocolatier work. I sent her my resume and she introduced me to Heather and her project SOMOS.  An amazing project helping orphaned children in Guatemala. Heather is an incredible woman and I feel honored to be helping her with this project. This is the first set of chocolates that were made for the SOMOS project. I had a tasting with Heather and her husband Greg to make sure they liked the flavors and the rustic look of my chocolates.  What a wonderful time I had pulling this together. My two and a half year old assistant was wonderful. She loves to stir. The third time tempering was like a dream ... the working of the molten chocolate on the granite, the tap tap of the palate knife and the bench scraper.  Madeleine laughed at mommy making such a big mess when i poured the melted chocolate onto the granite. Ahhh, it feels really good to be back. 

No comments: